Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sawsmith 2000

Sawsmith 2000 10 years 5 months ago #287

I have a Sawsmith 2000 in great condition. It has a router table extention and a dado insert and arbor. It is complete with manuals and all the original push tools and wrenches. How would I determine what this would be worth? Where would be the best place to sell this saw?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Sawsmith 2000 10 years 4 months ago #289

• Doug45601
  • Expert Boarder
Value is determined by who wants the critter and how badly they want it.... He/she would pay as much as their wallet could stand... Best place to unload it would probably be ebay.... Shopsmith's attempt to make such a critter was a big mistake in my opnion... As it is they learned there lesson earily on and stopped making them.... The table saw market is better left up to Delta etc. The sawsmith had very lettle gusto (power) and just couldn't keep pace with a standard table saw. When they were being sold.... there were as many coming back in to the factory as there were going out due to quality issues and lack of power... They were overpriced at that time... A collector may be interested in having one for a conversation piece. During my days working for Shopsmith they tried their best to make the market work but failed... Good luck on the resale of it, I'm sure a collector will be interested..
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Additional information